- What are the chances of capturing Osama bin Laden? His trail is in “deep freeze.”
- Today is the twentieth anniversary of the world’s most famous picnic, the Pan-European Picnic. In 1989, a peace demonstration on the Austrian-Hungarian border led to 600 East Germans crossing over into the West. That was the beginning of the end for the Iron Curtain.
- Rep. Michele Bachmann said she would run for President if God tells her.
- A South Korean official said their rocket launch is different from North Korea’s because it has a “peaceful purpose.” Kim Jong Il is not likely to believe that line.
- The UK’s Ministry of Defence released files on 800 UFO encounters between 1981 and 1996. May the farce be with you.
- Shah Rukh Khan, one of Bollywood’s biggest actors, was detained for two hours at Newark Liberty International Airport because his name came up on a terrorist watch list. He was in the U.S. promoting his new movie…on racial profiling of Muslims after 9/11.
- Imagine this. Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay will join the cast of “Dancing with the Stars” for next season.
- A Fijian island has banned wearing pants on Sunday. The men are required to wear skirts to “respect the day of the Lord.”
- Now the Birthers have a new conspiracy. Barack Obama’s My Space page has his age listed as 52. That means he would have been born when Hawaii was a territory, not a state.
- Rep. Ted Poe of Texas has decided to hold a town hall meeting on health care at a funeral home.
- Barack Obama may be slipping in the polls, but he still holds a commanding 56% to 33% lead over Sarah Palin in a new Marist poll. Mitt Romney, Palin and Mike Huckabee are nearly tied at 21%, 20%, and 19% for the Republican nomination. The biggest surprise? That 20% of the Republicans would pick Obama over Palin.
This entry was posted in Jester's Court
. Bookmark the permalink